web analytics

Destinations, Dreams and Dogs - International adventure with a fast-track family (& dogs) of Old World values, adopting the Russian-Italian-American good life on the go…!

Apple Fever-!

Is your home, office, or school awash with iPhone 5 hoopla?  Billed as the thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever, it means nothing to me since I still communicate by smoke signals and written letters delivered by the Pony Express.  But for the rest of the family….

If you remember, one year ago, during the presale of the iPhone 4, everything sold out in 22 hours, less than 24 hours after its release.  Amazing.  Record-breaking launch.

Fast-forward to today.  The iPhone 5 presale sold out in less than 1 hour.  One Hour.  Less than Sixty Minutes.

We weren’t buying any phones, just yet, ourselves.  We have iPhones, or Smart Phones, the problem is, nobody ever gave me an operating lesson.  So while the phone may be smart, about all I do on it is call out, but it did make me feel smart when President Obama was recently handed an iPhone to make a call and he didn’t know how to use it.  Techies worldwide were guffawing when he said he still used a Blackberry….

Benedetto was heard chuckling as Apple stock shot up from around $660 a share to $695 a share following the announcement of the iPhone 5.  He could feel the sweet taste of success and asked me to bake his favorite apple pie, which I did, insisting that a few stock options be tossed my way, as well.  I know how to work these trends to my advantage.

We had to put our foot down when Scotties Misha and Grisha wanted to be groomed with the Apple logo buzz-cut into their beautiful, black hair.

There’s probably more good news to come from Apple in October.  Currently, their iPad controls 80% of the tablet market, the other 20% captured by the small tablet manufacturers.   It’s expected in October that Apple will announce an iPad Mini and take over most of the other 20%.  Talk about world domination.  Take that, Samsung!

What’s next?  More home or office appliances?  TV?  High-tech cars or planes?

The sky’s the limit and the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

 

————-

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Comments : Leave a Reply

  1. avatar Gwendolyn says:

    I’m firmly in the Samsung camp, since I own 1 iPod Touch, 1 Samsung tablet and 1 Samsung Galaxy SIOUX phone — and I’m giving my DH the Apple product…

  2. avatar Greg says:

    We are Apple everything. It started with an iPhone, then the iMac and pretty soon we had flushed all our Windows based products and the frustration that came with them and were firmly in the Apple family. We don’t have a single Windows based product in our house. I even switched my computer at work (which is on a windows network) over to Apple. It was a great decision….one of my few great decisions.

    • avatar admin says:

      Hahahaha, we would have to agree, Greg! We do 101 things on our Apples that used to require hundreds of thousands of dollars in equipment or expense (printing, TV editing, etc.). For years they’ve been fighting copycats and had some recent victories that should result in even more profitability…. Love their stores, but the guys never let me go, lest i have fun-!

  3. avatar Sybil says:

    I think we should all encourage our children to go into some aspect of the orthopedic business. I can only imagine the damage to the fingers and tendons with all the electronic equipment taking over the world.

    • avatar admin says:

      That’s what they say: a lot of teens/ young adults have thumbs that are “frozen”. Me, I can barely text with my pointer, then my hand starts shaking bec. I try to go faster and I hit all the wrong keys. On the lower end of the professional spectrum (no med school required), we could have masseurs for fingers, lol.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.