Islamic Terrorism: Coming Soon to a Neighborhood Near You
Are you sick of it like I’m sick of it? Beheadings, gang rapes of hundreds, children chopped in half. A photo of a 7-year-old grinning and holding a severed head, eight family members gunned to death with an open Bible on their couch, women and children kidnapped as slaves.
This is what’s happening to Christians and other minorities as ISIS/ ISIL/ IS takes over in country after country. The terrorist group is on a roll and something must be done, yesterday, if possible. But what?
Adel Guindy, an Egyptian Coptic (Christian) leader, wrote in the Huffington Post “Six Steps the World Must Take Now to Stop the Horror of ISIS”. It’s an excellent piece that you can read for yourself. Here are his bottom-line suggestions:
1. Authorize air strikes against ISIS by NATO or an alliance of willing countries.
3. Create safe havens for the minority communities in Iraq and Syria.
4. Provide arms to the Kurdish Peshmerga for their self-defense and protection of the minorities who have sought refuge in the Kurdish-controlled region.
5. Expose and block the financial networks that support ISIS.
6. Develop a plan to assist refugees’ return to their homes.”
Today, take 5 minutes out of your air-conditioned life and think of those Christians and other minorities in Syria, Iraq, and elsewhere who are fleeing for their lives in temperatures over 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Pray for them. Advocate for them.
The terrorists are on the move, and wanting to come soon to a neighborhood near you. Contact your government and let your voice be heard.
In America, call the White House comments line: 202-456-1111, or contact the State Department at www.state.gov/contact/.
Please. Do something. Thank you.
—————-Tags: block finances to ISIS, call for more airstrikes against ISIS, can the US or UN stop the terror?, help persecuted Christians today, how to speak out against terror, how to stop ISIS, pray for Syrian and Iraqi Christians, terrorism wants to come to your town, what to do about ISIS/ ISIL/ IS